Welcome – Fàilte
Ann provides kind, thoughtful hospitality with a green ethos. Set in the beautiful Highland coastal village of Shieldaig, near Applecross and the Torridon Mountains. Aurora is a welcoming, modern, award winning B&B, open April - October.
At the top of a 4 star Visit Scotland award, the emphasis here is on providing you with the comfort and quality to create a relaxing stay, for more than just a night:
- Very comfortable pocket sprung Super-king / King sized beds - all en-suite rooms.
- The relaxing upstairs guest lounge has sea views, a wood burner and TV.
- Tasty breakfasts are locally sourced and cooked to order/pre-order; Ann makes the preserves, organic bread and yoghurt.
- Many FREE extras: WiFi, bike storage, drying room with washing machine, homemade flapjacks and upstairs fridge with fresh milk.
- Once checked in (arrivals 4-6pm) you get your own key so you can come and go, as you please.
- Carefully equipped for the needs of longer stay guests: let this area nurture your soul a little.
Sustainability is a key part of the philosophy at Aurora; choosing to stay here reduces your environmental impact and helps to strengthens the fragile local economy. Being green does not mean any compromise on quality - a great deal of thought goes into creating comfortable, home from home accommodation, enhancing your stay in the Torridon area. A cornerstone of Aurora's 'Gold' level Green award is the minimum 2 night stay policy, for all advanced bookings. A season long discount is applicable to stays of 3 or more night's. 1 night stays are ONLY available to book 'ON THE DAY' required (subject to availability - please phone on the day). This is such a fabulous area with so much to see, do and experience it warrants slowing down for a while - it is a holiday after all!
Shieldaig is a picturesque village only 90 minutes’ drive from Inverness, single track the last 30 minutes. For many this is the ‘real’ Highlands, enjoying a spectacular location, nestled amongst the Munro's right on a West Coast sea loch. Surrounded by nature – sea-eagles on Shieldaig Island, red deer in Torridon glen, pine marten wander by, otters in our sea loch, a wealth of marine life - seals, dolphins, whales, divers and gannets. In 2016 a number of Red Squirrels have been re-introduced into the woodland area around Glen Shieldaig.
A perfect base (with shop & pub) for exploring the remote Applecross peninsular, Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve, Torridon, Eilean Donan Castle, Plockton, Inverewe Gardens, Glen Elg and Wester Ross. There is lots of information, including daily weather forecasts, to help you get the most out of your time here - great walks, activities and tours close by.
Come to restore your sense of wellbeing.