Welcome – Fàilte
Ann provides kind, thoughtful hospitality with a green ethos. Set in the beautiful Highland coastal village of Shieldaig, near Applecross and the Torridon Mountains. Aurora is a welcoming, modern, award winning B&B, open April - October.
At the top of a 4 star Visit Scotland award, the emphasis here is on providing you with the comfort and quality to create a relaxing stay:
- Very comfortable pocket sprung Super-king / King sized beds in en-suite rooms.
- The relaxing upstairs guest lounge has sea views, a wood burner and TV.
- Tasty breakfasts are locally sourced and cooked to order/pre-order; Ann makes the preserves, organic bread and yoghurt.
- Many free extras: WiFi, bike storage, drying room with washing machine, homemade flapjacks and fridge with fresh, organic milk.
- Once checked in (arrivals 4-6pm) you get your own key to come and go, as you please.
Sustainability is a key part of the philosophy at Aurora; choosing to stay here reduces your environmental impact and strengthens the fragile local community / economy. Being green does not mean any compromise on quality - a great deal of thought goes into every aspect of creating comfortable, home from home, accommodation to enhance your stay in the Torridon area. Hold a ‘Gold’ Green Tourism award and in 2010 won a cherished 'Green' Highlands and Islands Tourism award.
Shieldaig is a picturesque village only 90 minutes’ drive from Inverness, single track the last 30 minutes. For many this is the ‘real’ Highlands, enjoying a spectacular location, nestled amongst the Munro's right on a West Coast sea loch. Surrounded by nature – sea-eagles on Shieldaig Island, red deer in Torridon glen, pine marten wander by, otters in our sea loch, a wealth of marine life - seals, dolphins, whales, divers and gannets.
A perfect base (with shop & pub) for exploring the remote Applecross peninsular, Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve, Torridon, Eilean Donan Castle, Plockton, Inverewe Gardens, Glen Elg and Wester Ross. There is lots of information, including daily weather forecasts, to help you get the most out of your time here - great walks, activities and tours close by. For advanced bookings the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Come to restore your sense of wellbeing.